Friday, January 17, 2014

What's In My Bags.....



A couple of months ago, on one of my favorite blogs I saw a link up for "What's in My Bag". I thought it was super cute, and decided to do a blog dedicated to my rat hole of a purse.


Something you may not know about my husband, is I consider him to be a bit of a pack rat. I have never really thought of myself in those terms. Because I tend to get rid of things, throw things away, you get the picture. Just last week this conversation happened with my husband after I bought him a new pretty and plush bath mat:

Me: "I just put your new bath mat down in your bathroom. Only differnece between the new one and this old one (that I show him is in my hand) is that this old one is a little wider and shorter than the new one."
Jeremy: "Don't throw the old one away."
Me (very confused look on my face): "Um why not?"
Jeremy: "Because, just dont."
Me: "WE are not keeping an old bath mat, it allows water to pool underneath it, the rubber is almost gone off the bottom."
Jeremy: "Don't throw it away, put it in the laundry room."
Me: "WHY!?"
Jeremy: "Because...it has sentimental value."
Me: "Ummm...okay"

I am not kidding that conversation really happened, and that old bath mat will end up in the trash. I appeased him and am allowing it to take residence in our laundry room for the moment. But not for too long, there is NO need to keep a bath mat that doesn't even do it's job properly, all because he has had it for like ever.

Now, with that said, I will not continue to poke fun of my husband and the other things he keeps, but will share with you all where I am apparently a "pack rat": My Purse, and my work bag.


We will start with my purse, and yes all of that was in my purse.
Let's start with the top left hand side of this picture: Those are EXPIRED coupons I found floating around in the black hole of my purse. Pink polka dot bag is my "lady bag" it has about 14-15 tampons inside plus midol and nail clippers. This is always in my purse, even when it isn't that time of the month. Right beneath my lady bag are my Kate Spade sunglasses and case. Then Next to those my Kate Spade wallet, and my Vera Bradley check book cover (yes I still carry my check book around). Then the gold/brown looking roll is actually pretzel bites, and underneath those is my address book which is outdated. Beside those are my mini contact solution bottle, Excedrin bottle, and 13 pens, yes 13.... I have a problem. Then on the far upper right hand side, looks like a bunch of paper right? That my friends is old receipts, a birthday card, some Christmas cards, and my vitamin pack (which is empty). Underneath those, do you see the tangled mess of wires? Those are my ear buds, and my Dr. Dre beats, a coffee cup jacket (that I don't use), contact container (and if you haven't noticed we are going right to left here), my MAC compact, 7 different lip products (again I think I have a problem), an empty change purse (that I don't use), 2 packs of gum, pocket calendar, and finally in that row a small hairbrush and a headband. Bottom left, is my camera bag, a cork from a wine bottle (not really sure why I kept that in my purse in the first place), my car keys, and 3 protective eyewear for the tanning bed (I am always losing these, and figured the more the merrier), also if you haven't noticed this time we are going left to right on the row, my nook, 2 of my Mary Kay business cards, 2 cough drops, and my iPhone. ALL OF THAT has been residing in my purse for weeks!!!! I'm starting to see that I keep things in there for no apparent reason, kind of like hoarding.


Now my work bag isn't as bad as my purse, well it was worse. Not pictured were 3 EMPTY plastic grocery bags, and 2 half eaten bags of potato chips that were stale, those got thrown away last night at work finally. Starting at the top left is an EMPTY box of poptarts, some soup, Starbucks Mocha coffee bag, 2 empty cups, and my tanning lotion, then on the far right is everything I need to put my makeup on. Now right to left: Daytime Cold and Flu medicine, Halls cough drops strawberry flavor, unpopped bag of Kettle Corn popcorn, and two journals. Underneath the journals is a baggie of tanning lotion samples that I was given from our lotion training, 1 tampon, 2 mini bags of Skittles from Halloween, 1 big bag of Skittles, 1 candy from work, 1 bunched up straw paper, my nook charger, and more makeup products.

Now, I really believe I just hoard things in these two bags and my car. My car is even worse! Pretty funny if you ask me! What's funny is I have no need for half of this stuff daily, so why must it be in my purse!? Because, I cannot seem to part with most of it!!! Today was a great day to start the decluttering process of the year, started with these bags! Next it will be my car, because I have stuff in my car that has no business being there! Then onto the house!!!

What are some of the craziest things you have seen in your purse, or someone else's purse?

1 comment:

  1. Remember I am "lets make a deal purse" won a game at Steddys a long time ago, because I had EVERY item they asked for.... LOL So my dear, darling daughter you get this honest. I have over the past couple of years toned it down some, and now after this back surgery I will again, try to leave some things at home.. When I had babies is when it started, I had to have everything just in case, .... its hard to "not be prepared" LOL I love you!

    ReplyDelete