Thursday, October 10, 2013

August 17, 2006

So I came across this blog trend via one of my favorite bloggers, and thought it was a nifty way to take a trip down memory lane... So here goes...


Feelin' 21 Link Up
Disclaimer: I absolutely HATE the song that is referenced in this "grab button"...like i puke a little in my mouth every time it comes on. I did not create this button and do not claim ownership. Also, to any family reading this post, I'm really sorry. 


I celebrated turning 21 for a good 3 years before I turned 21! HA! I kid I kid! But in reality, I did have a fake ID for around 5 months before I turned 21. ALL of my friends, including my boyfriend were 21 or older at that time in 2006! Sooo I spent many evenings in my boyfriend's Clemson apartment looking like this:...
This was my junior year, I think ;-) 

The boyfriend and our friends graduated May 2006, and dispersed throughout the country to begin their adult lives, probably the most boring summer of my college years. I can't lie. Towards the end of July 2006, I flew to San Diego where Jeremy was living at the time: while there, I enjoyed some nice visits with my dad (who still lives in San Diego) and visits with my man. The last night of my trip we went to this really wicked cool place, I forget the name (sorry), I didn't drink there of course but it was my way of enjoying some birthday festivities with my dad and boyfriend since they weren't going to make it all the way to SC for the actual day. Here are those photos: 
Yes, those are straws in my hair...I believe the waitress thought it would make for a great hair do...who knows...

August 17, 2006
Then came my actual birthday, the day that it was actually legal for me to consume alcohol! After classes, my family and best friends took me to the grand ole city of Easley where we got a big table at Applebee's! At the time, that was the closest thing to a favorite restaurant I had! This night was relatively tame, considering I had classes the next morning. 
My first legal drink, I believe it was a bahama mama (stop judging me, yes I'm wearing the same outfit in this photo as those above, this was my fave outfit back then).

Now the evening where I do believe before the end of dinner I was blackout wasted. I don't have many of those photos anymore, they used to be on my Myspace, yes I had Myspace I was a classy broad.  Anyways, the evening started out pretty tame with dinner, then some guy started buying me shots, I don't remember eating dinner. We went to a few bars downtown Greenville, where lots of older gentlemen kept filling me with lemon drops, lots of lemon drops. I also need to add, it wasn't just my 21st we were celebrating we were also celebrating my best friend Holly's 21st as well! She was also getting her fill of lemon drops. Somehow, because I don't remember, we managed to get to this place called the Blind Horse, save the judgement you know you want to go there! I don't remember all of the details there, but do remember Holly barfing in the parking lot, but she manned up and continued partying! Go girl! I also remember losing my shoes, and my beer several times. And if you know me, and you know that I was consuming beer you know that I was far away in blackout land! I don't remember what we did after that or how we got home! I would say that it was a successful 21st birthday party, enjoy these last few very tame photos! If I happen to stumble across a disc (yes I said disk) of any old photos I'll be sure to post them! 
Why yes, I did wear a tiara! How else was I supposed to get those free lemon drops?
The other birthday girl Holly, on the left. 

The only image I know of from inside a bar somewhere. 


P.S. I'd really love to be that skinny again.... 

                     XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment