Monday, January 6, 2014

2014


I am well aware that it has been 2014 for 6 days now, but I have finally decided to write my first blog of the year! Crazy to think that we are in the year of 2014! As you get older, time certainly does go by so much faster. Anyways, off that tangent! So like most of you, in years passed I have made a list of resolutions that I plan to keep to. Unlike some people, this year I have decided not to make a list of resolutions. Because, I always seem to break them before I even get really started, or I forget about them. I believe the only thing I kept up last year, was staying alive. ha! Seriously! This year, of course I have goals, but I am not making any promises at keeping them, because it may not happen!

So below you will find a few things I plan to do this year, seeing as how there are 359 days left to the year I am sure I can obtain some of these!


1. First and foremost, I plan to make more time for my husband. Yeah I know that sounds cheesy, but what I mean when I say I plan to make more time for him, what I am saying is less Pinterest, less Facebook, less Twitter...you get the picture, and more time with him. I have got to put the phone down, and be more present in my relationship.


2. I really mean it this year, I mean to save some money. I've actually gotten a headstart, my bank has this option called "Save the Change" and it basically rounds up to the next dollar on every purchase I make using my debit card, and at the end of the day it automatically transfers that amount to my savings account. Which is pretty amazing, and another thing I plan on doing is this, which I found off Pinterest:

Let me explain this, basically on Pinterest there are a few of these floating around, there is one that is where you save the amount of dollars that corresponds with that number of week. For example, week 1 would be $1, week 2 would be $2 making you have $3 saved and so on and so forth. I found this one where you do $2 increments. I'm thinking realistically I'll be able to do this for most of the year, until it starts to getting to the bigger amounts. We shall see!


3. If you follow me on any of my Social Media outlets, you will already be familiar with this one. This goal also goes hand in hand with my number 1 goal. So these aren't exactly in numerical order as to which is most important by the way. Anyway, another goal of mine this year is to build a better relationship with God, which in turn will allow me to draw closer to Jeremy. I've been doing the above devotional for 6 days now, and what's really great is I'm doing it live online with the author and 100s of other women! So I am not only gaining knowledge, based on what God calls us to be as wives- but also I am gathering new perspectives from other wives on marriage. Seeing women talk about the same problems, and the same thoughts that I have is so empowering and has opened my eyes a lot! Facebook Wife After God Event Please join me if you are interested, you can download the 30 day devotional on Amazon, I promise you will love it! Also, with this goal I hope to commit to a church and attend regularly this year.


4. This Spring, I am absolutely planning to organize, declutter, and clean my house thoroughly so that I can keep up with it for the rest of the year! We have so many boxes, and piles of stuff, and junk that we just need to purge and get rid of. We started this purging process yesterday! Feels so good, already! I tell you, this domestic housewife business is hard work!


5.This is a two parter, firstly; I'd like to be sure my friends, and family know how much I cherish them. I plan on showing them somehow this year just how amazing they are. I have been super blessed to have some of the most amazing people in my life from coworkers and my best friends scattered across the US to crazy and funny family! And second, I'd like to finally let go of hurts from the last year, I went through a lot last year in the friendship department, and I have chosen to no longer hold onto hurt, unkind thoughts, jealousy, and my mean girl tendencies regarding those situations. I am a grown woman, and I don't need to chase people in order to have them in my life, the people that want to be here are here.


6. Last but certainly not least, I plan to read and finish all of the books that I currently have on my Nook. Which is around 100 books that I have purchased, but have not read. I have been reading 3 books off and on for about a year now, so I will finish those! So basically, I refuse to buy any new nook books that are not a devotional study type of book, until I finish what I've got!

So, that's the end of this list! Trust me, there are so many more things I could list! But this is enough for you to get the gist of my goals for the year!

What are some of your goals and/or resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment